How do you prepare for your boudoir shoot...
You have scheduled a boudoir shoot with me. I am so very excited for you!
Just remember, boudoir sessions are built for you to get in touch with the more sensual side of yourself. It's ok to be nervous. Everyone is at first, but I promise you, I will walk you through each step and make sure you feel comfortable with the whole process. I am here to help you pick out the right outfit, provide makeup and hair services that make you feel like a goddess, and help you with each and every pose.
It is all about you, how you feel, what you want, and how you want to see yourself. So....make sure you communicate what it is you want. I love to think I can read people...but I know I definitely cant read their minds.
So lets go over a few things you should do to prepare...
Picking out your outfits...
- Make sure you find an outfit that provides proper support in the bust area. You want to make sure that your "girls" are comfortable and supported in a sensual way. This means, if you get a one-piece, make sure it has some kind of supportive top or cups.
- Don't hesitate to get a piece of lingerie that you think is outside your comfort zone. This is the time to try new things. Choose colors like reds, blacks, and deep blues. These photograph well and look great on your skin tone.
- Bring at least 4 outfits. It is best to have options, and if we have time, we can sometimes shoot you in every outfit you bring!
- If you need help choosing, I have no problem helping! Feel free to text me or send me a message with the outfits you are thinking of and I can give you an idea of whether they will work or not.
The DOs and DON'Ts before a Boudoir Shoot...
- DO make sure your skin is moisturized. Drink more water the week before. Lather on some lotion so your skin looks dewy and not dry.
- Do NOT put lotion on your face. If we are doing your makeup, we need a clean fresh face.
- DO make sure you have waxed or shaved (unless you are a woman who prefers natural). Make sure you do this a couple of days before shooting so any irritation goes away in time.
- DO make sure your nails are manicured. You don't have to have it done professionally, but having a little bit of nail polish on your nails (fresh and not chipped) makes for a better picture.
- DO...and this is a MUST...wear loose-fitting clothing an hour prior and on your way to the shoot. Tight clothes like bras, can create unwanted lines on your skin. As a matter of fact, a zip-up top is the best so you don't disturb your hair after it has been done.
- Again DO communicate! If there is a part of your body you aren't too fond of...let me know! If there is a part you LOVE...definitely let me know! Poses can be structured to hide or accentuate body parts.
- DON'T forget shoes! I have some...but they are on average 7-8.
- PLEASE...above all, DON'T worry! It will be fun. I promise!
Frequently asked questions....
Will anyone else see these images?
Not unless you allow it. I am very discreet and provide you with private galleries that no one else can see.
Do I have to get naked?
There is no HAVE to in anything we do. Everything is YOUR choice. If you want to be topless for your shoot so we can get more 'implied' photos then we can do that. If not, I can make you look just as sexy fully dressed :)
Can I bring someone with me?
ABSOLUTELY! If you feel more comfortable, you are more than welcome to bring a friend. I do recommend a female friend. Unless you are doing a couples shoot, it is easier to bring a girl-friend to hype you and be your cheerleader!
Do you airbrush/retouch the images?
Yes..however, unless you ask for more, I actually do the bare minimum. I don't change who you are...just remove the things the camera might catch that shouldn't be there.